Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two Movies

This weekend I saw two very interesting movies: Slumdog Millionaire and Milk.   Now I'm not a movie reviewer, but I do enjoy watching them talking about them. I found it very interesting that both of these movies were based on true stories, but both completely different. Because of the content of Milk I would definitely say I loved Slumdog... more. In Slumdog... it was awesome to see the color that was used in the costumes and what they represented throughout the film.  I also love a really awesome love story and Slumdog... gave that to their audience.  

Because I didn't really know anything about the 1970s gay movements that happened in the US, I wasn't really sure what to expect in this movie.  As far as I know they gave the correct historical facts, but who really knows.  Something I really enjoyed about this very artistic film, was the use of film footage from the actual events they were portraying.  I thought it was really neat.  Now obviously I do not believe in the content and beliefs of the film, but as an artistic piece I could appreciate it and take it for what it was.  Now Slumdog on the other hand is a movie I could watch over and over and love watching it every time.  


milk.jpg         slumdog_millionaire.jpg


1 comment:

David Coley said...

In my ongoing campaign against Slumdog Millionaire, I have to make it known that it was not based on a true story. It was based on an Indian novel called Q & A.

Anyway, sad we missed each other in multiple ways this month. Hope everything is going well. You should check out my blog.