Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Earthquake!!!

With a final exam at 8 am this morning I experienced my first earthquake at 4 am.

I had fallen asleep around 2 'cause my brain couldn't handle anymore studying but I knew I needed to wake up early to go over a few more things before the big test. I remember waking up to the noise of the building shaking and I just laid in bed & listened. At first I thought it was one my neighbors' kids making some crazy noises. Since I'm sleeping on the floor right now in my apartment I could definitely feel the earthquake. Nothing fell over or crashed, so that's a blessing. By the time I thought about getting in the doorway, the earthquake was over. When it was over I heard commotion outside in my complex, people talking and what not. I thought about going outside to join them, but that would have meant I had to get out of my bed, so I opted not too. :)

I laid there in my bed contemplating my next move. I had also told myself that if an earthquake hit, it'd be no big deal. I grew up with hurricanes and tornadoes happening all the time. While I wasn't scared, I was a little shaken up. I tried to study since I was awake, but my brain just couldn't stay focused.

I'm grateful that God protected us and I realize that it could have been worse. The LA Times are reporting that a lot people were freaked out by this because of the earthquake in Chile.

No comments: