As I sit here and look through this stack of 75-100 papers I begin to tear up a little. In my 3rd week post camp I am still in awe of all the work that God did with M-Fuge this summer. The city of Birmingham will never be the same and my prayer is the same is the with the students that came. I am definitely honored to have been apart of another summer of Fuge.
Looking through these papers makes me wish that everyone could be apart of Fuge. So I decided to write down some of the statements my students wrote down about their weeks at Birmingham M-Fuge. I hope you enjoy just as much as I enjoyed having these students this summer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday night I had enough courage to take a stand...I love you.
God has called me to missions this week and I am willing to go wherever He leads me.
I learned how to stand up when called, how to be a leader among peers.
This week God taught me how to: respect others, pick grass, slap sweat bees, not to be afraid/embarrassed to praise Him, sing like no one is listening.
I've learned that workin' for God is life changing. I know everything that has happened has happened because of Him.
I got saved!
I want my heart to stay on fire for Him & go home and keep living this way.
God has helped me to forgive my dad for what has happened and I'm really glad that I've been able to forgive.
I learned more about other missions opportunities around the world and was able to contribute to the offering.
I loved ALL of the songs that the Shane Burlison Band played.
People who live long lives shake my hand, it felt great.
I pray I'll continue to be a humble servant of God.
God has shown me that if I step out in to the unknown, then he will direct me and protect me from whatever barriers come in the way.
Even though I take a stand in what I believe, I feel like God has lid it upon my heart to be in Bible Study, prayer, and to focus on the goal he has for me!
I have seen God work through our wonderful PCY track group.
God shows his love by huging me with a light summer breeze. He kisses me on the cheek with the sun on my face. He give me a beautiful sunset with all colors with alone on an afternoon. When I'm sad he rains to let me know that he knows me so well he sheds a raindrop.
I got saved!
My grandfather is a very strong Christian. I know he'd be so proud of me if he saw how God has worked with me this week & I want to show him.
At the nursing home we visited I realized that the littlest things you do can really help someone and that people appreciate those things.
I feel...fired up, convicted, & inspired.
He showed me that I need to be patient.
No comments:
Post a Comment